corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Painting Plastic

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Painting Plastic
t.n07

User status: Offline
8th Dec 07 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, i would like to spray my wheel arches and the strip of black/grey plastic in between the boot and the painted section of the front bumper. The finish i am looking for is a glossy/metalic black colour. how do you go about spraying plastic and protecting it so that it does not just crack off ! , Many thanks !
ad-sport

8th Dec 07 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take off all the bits you want to paint rub em down with wet n dry, starting at about 400 n go to 1200ish. prime using platic primer and paint in your colour then laquer and finsh with a good buff up with some wax
Richardhhha

8th Dec 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you put about 6 coats of paint on tho as this will give it a good deep colour when you put 3 to 4 coats of laqure i have painted my rear arch trim's and rear bumper, only went for satin black but looks the nuts, still got to do the fronts and front bumper, look on my garage to see some picks

[Edited on 08-12-2007 by Richardhhha]

New Poll