corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » £300 For Full Re-Spray ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £300 For Full Re-Spray ?
FLY_BI_SRI

User status: Offline
15th Mar 03 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...my mate at work ses he can get it dun for about this price. Includes bodykit and stuff. Is this a good price then ? Cheers JOE
MC Kustoms

15th Mar 03 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it done properly yah
Meat-Pie-SRI

15th Mar 03 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it won't be done well for that price!!!!
-Aliba-

15th Mar 03 at 00:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Find out who's going to do it first.

I'm getting a full respray for about 150. And believe me, its top notch. The guy works in a factory down here painting the fire engines as they are built. Just check it out before deciding.
FLY_BI_SRI

15th Mar 03 at 00:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloke at work smashed up the front of his car, they put him a new front bumper on and sprayed it to match the rest of his car. Looked sound to me.
Meat-Pie-SRI

15th Mar 03 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is costing me 800 notes and thats not that expensive!!!
including all the labour and materials that go into doing it properly, it will be poo for that money!!!!!
dig dave2811

15th Mar 03 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was quoted 400 for full respray in the same colour the car already is
Scott

15th Mar 03 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we do 3 types of resprays:

1. This is basically used to update old paint which is in good condition and free of rust, dents and scratches. Its basically an over coat to make the colour brand new looking. However,l the repsray only covers the outershell and wont include shuts etc. The price of this including paint wound be arround 650

2. As i said, this is our most popular choice of respray. Its basically everything in the first option, however it includes a full flatten back to the old primer, we reprime it and paint it with all the shuts being painted and under the tailgate, bonnet and the engine bay surround. This would be approx 850 and 900 for a solid colour change

3. This is basically the full montie, the car is stripped to a bare shell and repainted. It includes everyhing in the first to options with the addition of paint being sprayed to thew internal shell of the car. This is around 1200.
FLY_BI_SRI

15th Mar 03 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanx for the info lads
combatvauxhall

15th Mar 03 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As others have pointed out, for £300, you will most probably be getting a shell respray. Not too bad if your shuts and hidden parts haven't faded and your staying the same colour, but to do it properly means taking the car to pieces.

When i say pieces i mean absolutely nothing on the car, no trims, engine wheels, suspension petrol tank. MAJOR WORK!

The best respray you'll ever get is if you took all the panels off your car and got someone who worked at the production factory to get the robots to do them- no dust in the spraying area, no blemishes, no runs etc etc.
STEvieXE

15th Mar 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

m8 im afraid to tell uy that brand new cars can have blemishes and dirt in the paint, even saggy parts in door shuts etc. if u dont believe me take a day going round car dealers looking at brand new cars
Kris TD

15th Mar 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i agree with ste.

but other another note, just cos its cheap doesnt meen it wont be good.
my dad has sprayed up my front bumper in 2 pack paint and laquered it and it looks amazing as good as a new car which im impressed with considering the paint is 16 quid a litre and we only have a small compressor. gun is good though.
combatvauxhall

15th Mar 03 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having said that, depends on the company making the cars, your more likely to find runs, blemises and imperfections on cheaper cars then you are on more expensive ones. Working in a prestigious car makers bodyshop i have never seen a new car come in with any imperfections, those going out however.........
FLY_BI_SRI

15th Mar 03 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill ask him if it includes taking the car apart, or just a shell re-spray like you said. Cheers JOE
STEvieXE

15th Mar 03 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah like jags which r all wet flatted by hand during painted tho we felt really bad joins in jags where the 1/4 joins the roof
Bennn

15th Mar 03 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant tell how good or bad it is going to be by the price. Ask to see work they have done before

New Poll