corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » gears being arses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author gears being arses
dan_c4rsa

User status: Offline
14th Feb 08 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we cant get fifth gear whenever re-adjusting the gears.

no matter where we put the stick, or even if we lock the selector on the box, fifth is never found.

any ideas why/
carnuts

14th Feb 08 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you find 5th if you do it from the top of the box there should be a diagram on where it will be there just to check all is ok in the box

the only other way i have heard of doing is not to lock the box you put it in reverse with the tower on top of the box with the clamp undone underneath then get a mate to get in the car put the car where reverse should be and pull it back a touch then connect it back up underneath whilst holding it i have tried it on mine and it works if the first way doesnt
dan_c4rsa

14th Feb 08 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sooo in a sentence.

Put gearstick in reverse? then undo clamp, move stick back a little, re-tighten?
carnuts

15th Feb 08 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope disconnect underneath then physically put the box in reverse on the tower on the box then get someone to hold the gearstick in reverse but a touch back then tighten up the clamp and give that a go and why you are there you can see if 5th will go in at the box just to check

[Edited on 15-02-2008 by carnuts]
dan_c4rsa

15th Feb 08 at 00:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh it does it goes into all gears.

only prob is with the connection underneath its really tight, so you cant loosen it even when undone, you have to really wrestle with it
carnuts

15th Feb 08 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah mate i have had the same trouble as you are now i ended up doing the above mate and its been fine since but when i did it with the drill bits 1st was stiff as i could barely get it in give it a go mate

New Poll