corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fititng a 1.616v into a 1.2 16v

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fititng a 1.616v into a 1.2 16v
Mobby

User status: Offline
30th May 08 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv found a car that has a engine in and i want to know what ill need to fit the 1.6 in, are the mounts the same, are the drive shafts the same etc stuff like that, also will i need the loom?
dopydanny08

30th May 08 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wat yr is ur car m8 as i did the conversion on a m8s car last weekend
Ellis

30th May 08 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drivers side mount is different unless you are doing a power steering coversion, although i can't remember if you can use the old power steering pump mount...so i may be wrong. Other mounts are the same

Need to change the loom and find a place for the ECU as the EPS unit is where it would be normally, extending wires is not fun...you could just ditch the EPS and go manual

Mobby

30th May 08 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my cars a 1999 model, and neepheed can you explain a little more, im literally a noob in the engine department, i will be getting someone to do it for me, but i need to let him know what to do and i also need to get the parts, and i dont want to go back to no powersteering,
so what your saying is that the powersteering on the 1.6 is different to my powersteering on my 1.2, and the mounts are different, what wires need to be extended and i dont need driveshafts or anything do i, thanks for helping
Ellis

30th May 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With regards to the powersteering - as the 1600 uses the hydraulic power steering and your model, and mine, uses the EPS system it has a control unit for it located in the kick panel at your feet in the drivers side, if you want to keep the EPS you have to find a place for the ECU to go as it would normally go there, the ideal way is to extend wires so you can locate it somewhere over the passenger side perhaps. I made a bracket for it and attached it to the casing for the power steering column but its gash and falls off - so generally it gets stuffed up behind the dash.

For the loom i just got the engine loom and dash loom, if you like. It connects to the rest of the loom in the passenger side kick panel and it's just a question of wrestling it behind the dash to where it's meant to go.

I can't remember totally about the mounts, i'm sure you can use the mount on the 1600 drivers side even though it has the powersteering pump on it. I think you could just leave it redundant. I bought a new mount from vauxhall - one of the early ones without powersteering which was relatively inexpensive.

Can just use your 1200 shafts iirc.

Converting the 1600 loom to take EPS is a pain in the ass! You have to take out the 1200 loom and strip all the tape off it and see where the EPS system wires join to it - then find the corresponding places on the 1600 and join it in. I think there is some rewiring to do at the speedo etc but i got a auto sparky to look at that for me!
Ellis

30th May 08 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite an expensive thing to do, i wouldn't wish the pain i endured on anyone! Just things like buying the exhaust system etc mount up quickly to a large bill...

By the sounds of things it is probably better to put an XE in!
Ellis

30th May 08 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u me if anything else comes up, i'll try help
Mobby

30th May 08 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck, found a engine on low milage and was close aswell,

New Poll