corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine Problem!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine Problem!
Nicklin

User status: Offline
   10th Jun 08 at 07:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morning, had a mare of a weekend so fort id put up a post to see if anyones had the same problem or has any idea what it is..

Basically, on the way down to PVS my car started to judder when i accelerated and then engine management light came on (massivly missfiring). It got worse and worse until eventually wouldnt run atall. I'd had this problem when I had my dblias fitted on a previous engine so straight away knew it was something to do with the egr. Did a paperclip test anyway and it was 0400 - EGR so I blanked it off on the side of the M1. It started up and was driveable again but still kangarooed a bit but managed to get to PVS. After about 2 hours driving around looking for a camping spot we finally found one and parked up but then about 2 hours later when I came to start my car it refused. Had a bit of a tinker and managed to get it running but it sounded like it was running on 2 cylinders. Checked the spark plugs and they were covered so cleaned them up but no joy. Its seriously overfueling but nothings coming up on the ecu when I do the paperclip test.

After a 6 hour tow home I changed my egr and it still wont start up properly. Im gonna nip it down to the garage later today but has anyone got any idea what it could be? If it was a sensor surely it would show up on the paperclip test?
luke85

10th Jun 08 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the connection to the crank sensor matey, the car should still start even with the EGR fault. There arent many sensors that will stop the engine in its tracks, its programmed so that if need be it can run without most of them.
Nicklin

10th Jun 08 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah will give that a checkover mate. would it that contribute to overfueling though? Ive used the best part of half a tank trying to start it up which i cant get my head around.. When it does start up its misfiring something rotten.. I guess that because its overfuelling its drwowning the spark so thats why it only runs on a cylinder or 2. What could be causing it to send so much fuel through?

[Edited on 10-06-2008 by Nicklin]
luke85

10th Jun 08 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Which engine is it? Could still be a crank sensor but could also be the AFM if the car has one.
Nicklin

10th Jun 08 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah spose so, its an x16xe

New Poll