corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » problem installing bt broadband (home hub)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author problem installing bt broadband (home hub)
supacook2k

User status: Offline
21st Aug 08 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been trying to install my cousins home hub but i'm running into a problem straight away. disc runs automatically then it starts to run but the program box where you have to click install or next etc is just completely blank and in the top left corner there is the sign with triangle, rectangle and circle in different colours.

I noticed there was a problem with the graphics drivers on the computer so reinstalled them but still the same. i updated direct x from 8.0 to 9.0b but still the same. the system is running windows xp and exceeds the minimum requirements.

if i click on the 'x' to close the splash screen it says 'setup is not complete' click to exit or resume etc. but thats the only time i get any instructions from it.

any ideas why the setup wont display on screen correctly?
Brett
Premium Member

21st Aug 08 at 14:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you need the software? I get software with my bt hub, but i just plug in through the network cable so dont need it.
nathy_87

21st Aug 08 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm I didnt have this problem when i set mine up, give BT a ring and they should give u a step by step guide on how to go roun dit another way! does take ages for them to accept ita ll. etc
supacook2k

21st Aug 08 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i can setup the hub without the software then i'll do that. i just thought you had to use the disc to do it. how would i set it up without the disc? its plugged in the ethernet port and lights on etc but how do i configure it to access the net? thanks

[Edited on 21-08-2008 by supacook2k]
Pablo

21st Aug 08 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

192.168.0.254 in iexplorer and you will be able to config the router
nathy_87

21st Aug 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what lights are showing on the hub mate?
supacook2k

21st Aug 08 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers will give it a go on the weekend.
James_DT

21st Aug 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd only need to access the admin panel if you needed to change something. It works from the box.
supacook2k

21st Aug 08 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it was the power and wireless lights were showing. my cousin plugged it in and she said there was a problem when installing it. now i've thought about it, i'm not sure if the network card was enabled but cos the disc wouldn't load properly that didn't cross my mind. surely that wouldn't affect the disc running correctly. it would say that the hub is not connected. i'm confucsed as to why the menu wont display its just the white screen.
cunningham

21st Aug 08 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate had same problem but hos card picked the router up no bother only thing is the connection get dropping mayeb every couple of hours is this down top the card? as i was also connected to the same router and it never drops both were wireless
James_DT

21st Aug 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by supacook2k
i think it was the power and wireless lights were showing. my cousin plugged it in and she said there was a problem when installing it. now i've thought about it, i'm not sure if the network card was enabled but cos the disc wouldn't load properly that didn't cross my mind. surely that wouldn't affect the disc running correctly. it would say that the hub is not connected. i'm confucsed as to why the menu wont display its just the white screen.

Forget about the CD, unless you're after the parental control stuff, you don't need it. Just plug it in, and give it 5 minutes for all the lights to come on.

New Poll