corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 206 central locking bouncing?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 206 central locking bouncing?
supacook2k

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 08 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought my car a year ago (worst decision of my life so far) and when i bought the car the locks started bouncing a few days after i bought it. i thought no big deal because it would usually lock after 2 or 3 attempts. now they no longer lock at all when using the key fob they just bounce. the only way to lock the car is to lock the drivers door first then the passenger door with the key then they stay locked. if i do passenger first then drivers door they will bounce. i have noticed my drivers door is out of alignment very slightly so i think it was broken into not to mention the spray job done on the door. when you lift the handle on the drivers side the door opens itself a bit so the hinge must be bent.

any idea what would need replacing and on which side of the car, driver or passenger side. how easy is it to do the work myself if it is the solenoid or motors on the central locking? cheers
Twiggy

22nd Aug 08 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine did this.... sold the car before fixing...

Sorry not really any help!
S77 CKL

22nd Aug 08 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get it onto a diag machine and active test the front two locks, one will be working the wrong way, just done a punto the day for the same fault, drivers door lock internal failure of electrics.
john_c20xe

23rd Aug 08 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi mate one of your lock actuators/motors is fuked, its not sending the signal to the other door, thats why its bouncing.
if you lock the passenger door eith the key and it doesnt lock any other doors exept itself then that motor is fucked as its not sending the signal.

if you lock drivers door using the key and it locks and the other dorrs lock but then bouce that means the drivers door is ok as the motor is sending the signal.

if you say one of the doors is bent? try leaning on the door so its tightly closed and try the central locking then, cos it may think that the door is open in whitch it will bounce, if the locking works wen u lean on the door then the dorr will jus need adjusting,

changing the actuator/motor is a peice of piss job,
u'll be able to do it youself!
you may have to do sum wiring modifications tho is sum ned motros come with diffrent connecters.

hope this helps

New Poll