corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x12xe tuning

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x12xe tuning
eug

User status: Offline
22nd Aug 08 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i have a completly standard 1.2 16v corsa b. what can i do to tune it at all. i know air filter and exhaust but is there anything else as i hear there really hard to tune.

i cant afford a faster car before anyone says it

can you get a de cat pipe for these?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Aug 08 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a thread in tutorials about this tbh tho you'll be better off saving the money then you'll be able to afford a faster car, sooner

I've got the same engine with a deristricted airbox and cat-back exhaust, never noticed any difference and I wouldn't go to the effort of doing anymore, the money you spend on tuning a X12 would be much better saved and put towards a conversion or another car.

The only way I'd tune an X12 would be if I was minted and bored so it'd be something different for a laugh

If you want to feel a difference and it's practical to do so try stripping the interior out, I've ripped quite a bit out of mine and it's more handling wise that I notice but it has made a difference

[Edited on 23-08-2008 by Mike B]
Tom G

23rd Aug 08 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your best off doing the handling mate, like new lowering sports coliover and a whiteline anti roll bar
eug

23rd Aug 08 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where do i get the anti roll bar from mate?
eug

23rd Aug 08 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mike il just leave my car as it is then seems id be wasting my time.

now i keep hearing the x12 is 65bhp then some others say its 75bhp? what is it? i thought the z12 out the corsa c was the 75bhp cos of its cam change and electronic throttle.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Aug 08 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vaux say 65bhp, most people say that's lies to keep in a lower insurance group. Mine's been on the roller's twice, 79.4 first time, 65ish second time but that was with a knackered afm which made it run lean over 3800revs, which caused the drop in power

Torque was 91ft/lb too Vaux claim 85 I think.

New Poll