corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » PS3 - Scart problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author PS3 - Scart problem
Nath

User status: Offline
7th Oct 08 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right here goes.... My PS3 at mine runs off a HDMI as my TV is quite modern. However, my girlfriends TV is old skool and only has 2 scarts. So I purchased a LOGIC3 Scart cable from Maplin, plugged it all in, turned the TV and PS3 on and no picture or sound. Had a mess around for a bit, nothing.

So I took it back to Maplin and got a refund. Went to GAMESTATION and bought a Mad Catz version, tried that..... nothing.

What the feck?! I'm stumped.

My only theory is that I need to tell my PS3 to run through scart?! Would that be the case, or could it be something else? If it is that, then its pretty dumb. Would mean having to take it to mine, plugging it in, then changing the settings to Scart. The scarts on the TV work fine as one is for SKY+ and the other has a DVD player. Both work.
John

7th Oct 08 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need to tell it what to run through nath.

If you hold down the power button for a while it'll reset they settings and let you choose when you turn it on.
Toby
Premium Member

7th Oct 08 at 12:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your correct
plug the ps3 into your tele with a HDMI connection and a scarty connection, put it on through HD and then go into the display settings and change the settings to scart, follow through the settings until the display disappears and then put you tele on AV which ever your plugged into and it should be there, then follow that and change the audio to whatever you have it at through optical or thorugh scart. you have to do this everytime you want to swictch just do it the other way arround when you move it back to the HD tele
Nath

7th Oct 08 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You need to tell it what to run through nath.

If you hold down the power button for a while it'll reset they settings and let you choose when you turn it on.

Top man John!! I knew there had to be a way round it, otherwise it'd be a bit silly.
John

7th Oct 08 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may or may not have found that out totally randomly when I thought I had broke the ps3.
Nath

7th Oct 08 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Either way, I'm grateful.
Nath

8th Oct 08 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worked
Hammer

8th Oct 08 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rename 'John' to 'Whizz Kid' imo.