corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How to build a 2.0 tubro Corsa???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How to build a 2.0 tubro Corsa???
300bhp/ton

User status: Offline
   22nd Oct 08 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was hoping for some help.

I'll start by saying I know pretty much sod all about Corsa's - there got that out of the way.

What I want to know, what options exist for doing a 2.0 litre turbo conversion??

Is it easy?
Can you buy conversion kits?
Which engine to use and what's it from?
Does anyone offer conversions or DIY kits for doing this?

Looking to convert a mid/late 90's Corsa (thing you guys refer to them as Corsa B, right?) to run around 250-280bhp with suitable brakes, tranny, etc.

Thanks.
dean101287

22nd Oct 08 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U2U "Beardy" he can offer a full conversion for a very good price.
Torsa g

22nd Oct 08 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you dont know alot about corsas i wouldnt jump straight in at the deep end with doing a turbo, fit a standard 2 litre in first as its alot cheaper, it is alot like putting a turbo lump in but not as commplexed
300bhp/ton

22nd Oct 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Torsa g
if you dont know alot about corsas i wouldnt jump straight in at the deep end with doing a turbo, fit a standard 2 litre in first as its alot cheaper, it is alot like putting a turbo lump in but not as commplexed

Thanks.

I'm pretty good on cars in general, also Corsa's are not that complex. All was meaning is I don't really know all the acronyms and such used when talking about them, also don't know the difference between a Cav turbo, Calibra turbo and Astra turbo engines. Are they all the same powerplant and are all as suitable for a transplant?

300bhp/ton

22nd Oct 08 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dean101287
U2U "Beardy" he can offer a full conversion for a very good price.

Thanks, are they a member on here? Or are they shop? Any contact info

Ta
Torsa g

22nd Oct 08 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 300bhp/ton
quote:

Thanks.

I'm pretty good on cars in general, also Corsa's are not that complex. All was meaning is I don't really know all the acronyms and such used when talking about them, also don't know the difference between a Cav turbo, Calibra turbo and Astra turbo engines. Are they all the same powerplant and are all as suitable for a transplant?

OK got ya!!

like above you might wana speak to beardy about this but as general issues with them go im ok,

c20xe- 2.0l 16v (redtop) 150ish BHP, found in :- astra mk2 GTE, astra mk3 ,Cavalier SRI GSI, Calibra early ones,

C20LET - 2.0l 16v turbo (LET) 200- 210ish BHP, found in:- Cav GSI turbo, Calibra 4x4/ turbo.

There are fitting kits for these, search chris astley on google, he specializes in these kits and can give you extra info you need, the engines are easily fitted with these kits as its just like fitting an engine just with different mounts, is there any thing else you want to know

cheers
dean101287

22nd Oct 08 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He is a member on here and also runs a buisness doing conversions and builds.
300bhp/ton

22nd Oct 08 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

OK got ya!!

like above you might wana speak to beardy about this but as general issues with them go im ok,

c20xe- 2.0l 16v (redtop) 150ish BHP, found in :- astra mk2 GTE, astra mk3 ,Cavalier SRI GSI, Calibra early ones,

C20LET - 2.0l 16v turbo (LET) 200- 210ish BHP, found in:- Cav GSI turbo, Calibra 4x4/ turbo.

There are fitting kits for these, search chris astley on google, he specializes in these kits and can give you extra info you need, the engines are easily fitted with these kits as its just like fitting an engine just with different mounts, is there any thing else you want to know

cheers

Thanks.

So, is the F28 the standard gearbox found in the Calibra turbo?

How tunable are the stock ECU's or do people normally run something like Emerald or Megasquirt?

Does such an engine pretty much drop in or is there a lot of work fabbing/modding of the chassis?

Lastly, I assume the later SRI Turbo and other Astra turbo engines are different blocks?

Torsa g

22nd Oct 08 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the other turbos in the astras are z20let which is basically a tuboed ecotec engine,

hardly no fabbing apart from the exhaust, you can go quite far with the ecus by using evo chips i think, my mate took his c20xe ecu to 310bhp on a turbo conversion engine with just a rise n rate fuel pressure reg for when it boosts,

chassis wise there is no need but you can buy kits to strehgthen the chassis up

yes the f28 is the standard gearbox found on the turbos which i advise you use or you will be boosting in 5 all the time on the motorway

[Edited on 22-10-2008 by Torsa g]
Luke

22nd Oct 08 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 300bhp/ton
quote:

OK got ya!!

cheers

Thanks.

So, is the F28 the standard gearbox found in the Calibra turbo?

How tunable are the stock ECU's or do people normally run something like Emerald or Megasquirt?

Does such an engine pretty much drop in or is there a lot of work fabbing/modding of the chassis?

Lastly, I assume the later SRI Turbo and other Astra turbo engines are different blocks?

Yeas the f28 is standard for a cav or cally turbo, to put it in a corsa you will need a FWD conversion kit.

ECU wise theres plenty of chips about to increase power, phase 2 will take it to 280bhp.

I would strenghten the chassis, can buy a weld in plate kit from chrisastleymotorsport.

Yeah the astra gsi & sri's have a different block, z20let & use a different gearbox. There's only one corsa b i know of with one of these engine fitted in it.
300bhp/ton

22nd Oct 08 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, think I'll stick with the older engine then. Can't really see any gain for what I want by going with the latter unit.

Is there a suitable LSD for the F28?

Lastly, where are some good tuning places for the stock ECU such as buying these chips. Are they off the shelf or custom?
Torsa g

22nd Oct 08 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some one on mig web sells them mate,

as for the lsd you can get a quaife diff for them 600 max i think
Jimmycorsa

22nd Oct 08 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where abouts does beardy do his conversions?

[Edited on 22-10-2008 by Jimmycorsa]
Luke

22nd Oct 08 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In a garage
byrnie_2004

22nd Oct 08 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in his garage in Oldham i'd guess at.

New Poll