corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Engine!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Engine!!!
dudedodd

User status: Offline
25th Jan 09 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1.0 12v and the speed is emense anyway im thinking of puting a new engine in properly a 1.4 16v Sri engine or somethink on the lines dont want a redtop to powerful for me lol ive only been passed about a month

so im wondering what sort of things i would be looking to change on the hole car

eg brakes suspension gearbox ect????
how hard it is to do?
how long ect??

anythink you can tell me would be very helpful
Limecat
Banned

25th Jan 09 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sell yours, buy a 1.4 16v. Far easier.
dudedodd

25th Jan 09 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it will cost more
N3CRO

25th Jan 09 at 01:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can pick up Sri's pretty cheap if you look, ALOT less than a engine conversion.
dudedodd

25th Jan 09 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm someone has told me that i can drop a SRi engine straight in with hardly any work so im thinking my idea is alot better plus im thinking, SRi i will want colour coded bumbers and ect with mine i can have a new engine and have a respray same colour cheaper then having a SRi and bumbers resprayed
boz_gsi

25th Jan 09 at 02:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the sake of a 1.4 mate, and if yours is tidy you could easily sell yours and get i tidy sport or sri.....

but if you would like i project then your going to have to change loom, breaks ect and you will need chip and key from the engine you buy, also will need the 1.4 mounts and i also think shafts
dudedodd

25th Jan 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmseems like alot of hassel now lol someone told it should be the same looms and that it will fit straight in without mounts has anyon done a SRi engine change on here ive looked in projects and builds but i havnt found anythink

New Poll