corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How do you remove an airlock?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How do you remove an airlock?
hmfctal

User status: Offline
26th Jan 09 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been told that you run your engine until it reaches the temperature where the fan comes on, then you remove your Coolant Tank cap and it will bubble and you leave the car running with it off until the water settles.

Is this correct? As three people have told me my problems may be caused by an airlock. I really hope it is, and not the headgasket
deano87

26th Jan 09 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't really advise taking the cap off when warm and running. I heard it was just running with the cap off until it boils and the fan kicks in. . .
Brett
Premium Member

26th Jan 09 at 10:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it is the head gasket, try tipping a bit of K-Seal in with your coolant first before you shell out a few hundred. Might work.

New Poll