corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » FAO: Someone that works for Orange!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO: Someone that works for Orange!
kz

User status: Offline
29th Jan 09 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi my girlfriend might be over taking my contract, but mine doesn't run out until September, which means I can upgrade in June right? She doesn't want the phone I currently have, and doesn't want to wait that long.

But... can I phone Orange and say I want to start another 18 months from now, and get a new phone? On the same contract? I'm sure my mate has done this before.
pow
Premium Member

29th Jan 09 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo is your man
Matt L

29th Jan 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

retentions are probably the best area to ring.

I have tried for about a month to ring to get a new contract and phone (with the same number) and no one would do it for me but retentions will (im right at the end of my contract though).

But if you want to start a whole new contract you will end up having to pay off your excisting one and depending on what phone you wantt it may not be cheap either.
Brett
Premium Member

29th Jan 09 at 10:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure with Orange you can only get an upgrade once your contract has 3months left. That 3months would then be added onto the new contract length. Retentions will only deal with you once there is only 30days left of the contract.
Jambo

29th Jan 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pretty much been said already. If your not in last 3months you wont be able to upgrade UNLESS you are a very high spend (£100+ per month) then the rules differ slightly.

What phone is it your after? If its a non uber expensive one, you may want to think about buying the phone outright from say carphonewarehouse and then basicly dropping the contract to a sim only deal as it may save you money
Brett
Premium Member

29th Jan 09 at 12:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you reduce what contract you're on Jambo?
Jambo

29th Jan 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant personaly no Brett
Brett
Premium Member

29th Jan 09 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't mean YOU mate. I meant, can people have their tariff lowered, as a general question.
Jambo

29th Jan 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are past 9months of an 18month or 6months of 12month contract in most cases

New Poll