corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Need help with exhaust please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need help with exhaust please
NORRIS-07

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all need abit of help i bought a backbox for my corsa and fitted it but the far back of the backbox is sitting really low and scrapes when going over bumps, its sitting on a slant really bad its the back part where the pipe goes over the rear beam thats sitting really low, any help on what i could do to raise it a little bit to level the box out?

thanks any help appreciated

EDIT- it also sits twisted when fitted also, would it be easier to just cut the rear pipe off and re-weld it back on but in the correct position?

[Edited on 03-03-2009 by NORRIS-07]

[Edited on 05-03-2009 by Ian]
Ricky352

3rd Mar 09 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like part of your system is bent?
Torsa g

3rd Mar 09 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best thing to do is get the car up on axle stands loosen the wole thing ad prop it up where you want it and tighten it up, and make sure you prop the middle box high towards the rear beam so it doesnt knock
jamjar15

3rd Mar 09 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the same problem. but not sure what yours looks like so might not be the same. i pushed it together until it wouldn't go any further onto the where it connects to the centre section pipe, then twisted the whole backbox using the hangers till it lined up.

Basically (in a non saying your bad at fitting exhaust kind of way) yours might not be fitted properly or part of your systems bent
Terry12

3rd Mar 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My exhaust system was touching the rear beam so me and a mate have devised a new bracket on the rear of the centre pipe, As we felt there isn't enough hangers between the 2 on the end of the back box and the centre pipe.

[Edited on 03-03-2009 by Terry12]

New Poll