corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe q's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe q's
jibjob

User status: Offline
   10th Mar 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been offered a c20xe for £350 inc full conversion kit. theres no proper way of checking the mileage from the original car but it was in a nova and only did a few thousand and ill rebuild it while its out.
im getting for the money:
engine
anciliaries
box
shafts
mounts
manifolds (4-2-1 exhuast)
ecu

IMO i think its a pretty good deal as theres quite few new parts coming with it theres just a couple of questions i could do with being answered before i purchase it as im not the most clued up person on big block conversions

what other things will i need to change to go with the conversion?? ive already got 2L 16v brakes and i know ill need a new fuel pump just not sure which one i will need what about dials etc?

will a nova convertion kit fit a corsa? if not i will just sell the nova kit on and buy a corsa kit

do i need to get strengthening plates and seam welding done of the engine bay?

what front ARB should i be using?

is there anything else i will need to know about the convertion? ive looked at a few guides and they all list things i need differently saying i need different things so i was just wondering whats the best i can get for a reasonable price or is it worth buying new parts?
Ellis

10th Mar 09 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any multipoint injection fuel pump will do

Probably need different mounts for a Corsa, Nova ones i'm pretty sure will be different.

It's only Novas you have to strengthen, Corsa's are fine so I am told.

Can use the standard ARB as far as I am aware, just need the lowering blocks
jibjob

10th Mar 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok cheers mate,

i had a look on regal autosport and they say that the mounts are all the same the only difference in mounts are f18 boxes upwards need a spacer and 12v and 16v's need a bodywork spacer.

any other input from other people would be great
Ellis

10th Mar 09 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh ok, I just had a guess that they would be different
jibjob

10th Mar 09 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye thats what i thought but according to them they arent :S dont really know so could do with someone thats tried it or had a mate do it or something
jibjob

10th Mar 09 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else?
smokey corsa

10th Mar 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the gsi or diesel arb with the lowering blocks. you'll need to change your suspention to atleast a decent shock and spring kit (coilovers would be best).

you use the origional corsa gear box mounts and an aftermarket drivers side mount. is your corsa 8v or 16v?

youll need the 16v fuel pump and header tank, take into account the price of a head gasket kit, cambelt kit, water pump kit etc etc to do first for the peace of mind when its in.
jibjob

10th Mar 09 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ye i thought gsi would be better as its slightly thicker i'll see if i can find one.

my corsa is an 8v so i dont need the bodywork spacer that you do for the 12v or 16v

its getting the whole top end rebuilt with new cams etc and to be honest i think i might rebuild the bottom end aswel with new pistons etc
smokey corsa

10th Mar 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case the mounts are only £35 from ebay, i wouldnt be too worried about rebuilding the bottom end but if you have the time and money then why not.

the diesel arb's are much easier to come by and do the same job.
mikesc20let

11th Mar 09 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i was u i wouldnt fit new camshafts as they will be fine i'd just pull it apart and fit all new gaskets and a set of piston rings and shells to the conrods and maybe a set of arp rod end bolts whilst your in there for safety as you will have to fit new bolts when u undo the pistons also i'd fit a new set of hydrauklic lifters if you wanted to
but remember to get the head sent away and checked for corrosion and porus checked may aswell fit new valve stem seals aswell when you send the head away
the only mount u will need to change/buy is the drivers side front mount as it will already be spaced at the gearbox if your getting the full mount kit off the lad
luke85

11th Mar 09 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nova driveshafts were shorter too, not by a massive amount so you might get away with it but pay a bit of attention when you fit them
jibjob

11th Mar 09 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one lads i'll keep all this in mind

New Poll