corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Belkin router problem...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Belkin router problem...
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Mar 09 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My router decided to cut off from the net yesterday and is now flashing an orange light showing that it isn't connecting. Tried resetting it, taking the wires out and plugging them back in etc... But the thing is, the router was set up on my old laptop which has now been wiped, and I can't find the disk for the router itself to install it onto another laptop.

Basically I want to know if anybody has any other ideas on how to get it working again? As I can't really do hee haw it seems without the disk

Edit: And the line itself is fine as I phoned BT and there aren't any issues with our connection.

[Edited on 26-03-2009 by Eck]
DannyB
Premium Member

26th Mar 09 at 17:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to the website and put the modle number in to get the right drivers, or google the model name followed by drivers.
oceansoul

26th Mar 09 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont/ cant install your router to your laptop, or any computer for that. Go to the routers setup page in a web browser (usually 192.168.1.1 or similer) set up from there.
Joe

26th Mar 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its 192.168.2.1 for my Belkin router, incase that helps.
John

26th Mar 09 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As said, you don't need to install anything, if Joe's belkin is that there's a good chance yours will be.

Another way to check is open up a command window (start, run, command or just type command in if it's vista) type in ipconfig and the number beside the default gateway will be the address you need.

Stick that into a browser window and it'll take you to the router login page, you'll need usernames and passwords by then.
Eck
Premium Member

27th Mar 09 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now I'm at the router log in page, I still haven't got a fecking scooby what I'm doing I may petrol bomb it.

New Poll