corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cheap yellow FK coilovers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cheap yellow FK coilovers
flame

User status: Offline
29th Mar 09 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These coilovers that are available from Autovaux, LMF and Supernovas etc- has anyone fitted them before to a Corsa B?
I got a set delivered on Friday because my front FK highsports were leaking and my MOT is on Monday. I just wanted to get the cheapest thing I could to get me through and then I will get some proper ones like Bilstein.
So anyway I fitted them on Friday night and there is a bang like the sound of bottoming out when I hit a sharp bump even low speed. They cant be bottoming out because when the car is stationary I jumped on the front of the car and got more travel out of them than when they make the noise out on the road. I have taken them off and refitted them 4 times now and cant figure out what the problem is- the top mounts are tight and the wheel isnt hitting the shock body. There are no impact marks on the spring or shock body that would point to the shock hitting something- has anyone come across this with these coilovers?
Alan-16V

29th Mar 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like it could be to do with the strut not being bolted down on the top mounts correctly
flame

29th Mar 09 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, I found out what it was after messing about for ages this afternoon- they were bottoming out after all. The conclusion is that the springs are very soft, you dont get bump stops with them and they dont go very low because the shock body is so long. Ah well you get what you pay for!
I just put bump stops in them and they are grand

[Edited on 29-03-2009 by flame]

New Poll