corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » for all you audio guys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author for all you audio guys
steven_r2008

User status: Offline
   31st May 09 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all.

i already have a 500W amp in my car which powers my 1400W sub nicely.

however the other week i bought a 250W amp to power my 6x9s and i also got a powercap.

well i deisconnected the 500w amp and connected up the 250W amp just to see if it worked, which it did. i also tested the power cap. after i had tested everything i re-connected the 500W amp to how it was before i started playing. however, now i have a problem . when the volume isn't too loud all is fine, but once the volume is cranked up a bit, all power seems to go from my vocal speakers ( front 6.5's and rear 6x9's ) and i can just hear the sub, however that doesn't sound too good neither

i h\ve been racking my brains as i used to work with car stereos but the only thing i can think of is either, the remote cable, or the rca's :S or worst case, my sub has blown.

but i really am stumped. it is deffinitely not the amp because it does the same when i reconect the 250W amp.

somebody please help as this is doing my head in
alan-g-w

31st May 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1400W sub powered a 500W amp? I think that's your problem. I remember reading about this sort of thing in a Max Power guide a few years ago and it said you'll kill a sub by underpowering it long before you'll kill it by overpowering it (within reason).

[Edited on 31-05-2009 by alan-g-w]
steven_r2008

31st May 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone
alan-g-w

31st May 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try waiting more than half an hour before complaining mate.
steven_r2008

31st May 09 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
Try waiting more than half an hour before complaining mate.

sorry mate, didn't see your reply before.

i have had it connected to that amp for well ofer a year with no problems. its only since i had tested the other amp and power cap it has started doing it. but yes i do agree, from working with car audio i know you can blow a sub by underpowering it, which is what is making me think my 250w amp blew my sub. but i didn't think this would take all power from my other speakers.
alan-g-w

31st May 09 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not clued up on ICE in any way, shape or form tbh mate. But I thought it was your sub that wasn't working, not the other speakers as you said in the last sentence there...?
FAZ
Premium Member

1st Jun 09 at 08:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go over every single cable, lead, connection etc, useother peoples amps to test your sub and their subs for your amp, will highlight the problem immedeatley

New Poll