corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Here is a tricky one for u....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Here is a tricky one for u....
Calum1577

User status: Offline
9th Mar 05 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K guys. I have a screen that only takes my video input from my xbox. I want to then run the audio from the xbox to my two amps. Now xbox audio cable has one left channel and one right channel bot of which have male ends. I have two amps and the phono cables for them have male ends. So i figure i need a Y splitter with all female ends to trun the one left to two left anf the one right to two right signals. This in turn has yet another problem that i will have no volume control in that set of audio connecters so will it come out loud? Quiet? Happy medium? And how would i turn it up or down as it cant be done from the screen as no audio connects to it. Any advice welcome. ps i have no head unit as in dash screen (also screen has no audio speakers or connecters). Cheers
russb

9th Mar 05 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a head unit with AUX in and has some amp outputs?
mobymaster

9th Mar 05 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^

Above is good, RF Modules ainnt as clear as AUX in
Calum1577

9th Mar 05 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a sony headunit but the idea was that i would store the music on the xbox and so not need a head unit. The sony one has a "Bus Audio In" bit on the back. Would that work?
Dom

10th Mar 05 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt work mate, as you dont have a preamp on the xbox so you canne control volume or any eq settings.

Do a google on the bus audio, although i have a feeling you need some sort of bus cable like alot of HUs (pioneers/Alpines etc)

But yes, run it through your HU - have better control over the singal. Although make sure the output from the xbox isnt "hot" (too loud) - so see if there is a way to turn it up/quieten it etc
James_DT

10th Mar 05 at 00:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Bus cable would be so that the headunit could control the device. The Sony units split the control and audio signals so you can just connect the Red/White connectors into the Bus In on the Sony headunit and get sound.
Calum1577

10th Mar 05 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James_DT
The Bus cable would be so that the headunit could control the device. The Sony units split the control and audio signals so you can just connect the Red/White connectors into the Bus In on the Sony headunit and get sound.

Sadly with the sony unit u have to have the control cable sending a signal to the headunit to tell it to play the audio coming into it. I couldnt just plug the audio in and have the head unit accept it without the control. So now i have a cd changer that does fcuk all except send a signal to the headunit to tell it that there is audio for it to play (audio from xbox not cd changer) grrr fcuk raging as cd changer cost a fair few bob but it all works now.

New Poll