corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Viewing other computers on same connection

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Viewing other computers on same connection
WATSON

User status: Offline
6th Jul 09 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there such a program, Letting you see what other peoples doing on another computer from the main computer?

My main computers hooked up to a router hard wired and i have another computer hooked up with a wireless usb thingy, also laptops wirless too..

Such a thing out there that would let me view everything the wireless computers doing from my main computer?
pow
Premium Member

6th Jul 09 at 16:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RealVNC
oceansoul

6th Jul 09 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yups. Remote desktoping. Can silently enter another workstation and view only. Or even control it if you want hehehe
Andrew

6th Jul 09 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
RealVNC

VNC is probably the best one to use. Can do it on the internal IP range and from an external source. Can even do it from your phone. Just need to get the port forwarding correct.
WATSON

6th Jul 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So by doing so the other person at the other computer wont be able to tell if im watching or not

Could i see whats on there screen as in msn convos ect too
Tommy L

6th Jul 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If someone has installed in my pc, how can i tell and how do i remove it?
pow
Premium Member

7th Jul 09 at 07:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The average "dumb" user wouldn't, but, there is a VNC logo in a white box in the system tray that turns "inverted" when you have an active session - the more hawk like user may notice this.
oceansoul

7th Jul 09 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, you can see what evers on their screen, exactly as if u were looking over their shoulder. Msn convo's included
DaveyLC

7th Jul 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres loads of Trojans that you can install on the other PC's to allow you to view silently.. NetBuster was a popular app used to do this.

If you want to legitimately use the other PC just enable remote desktop access (there are hacks available to enable it on non XP/Vista Pro intallations).
Dom

7th Jul 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
The average "dumb" user wouldn't, but, there is a VNC logo in a white box in the system tray that turns "inverted" when you have an active session - the more hawk like user may notice this.

You can switch of the system tray icon off on a lot of VNC servers, i know RealVNC does this.

But it would be listed as a process in your task manager anyways, unless they renamed the server exe to something else (like svchost.exe is a good one on windows systems) then it's a case of finding it
WATSON

7th Jul 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill try and atempt this today at some point im not botherd about using the other computer i just would like to see what the other persons upto
noshua

9th Jul 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get realvnc then run it in hidden mode, screen doesn't flicker or anything when you connect, if you're on view only the user won't know.

if they're not 99% dumb, rename realvnc.exe to svchost.exe or similar.

New Poll