corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe starting issue

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe starting issue
corsa120

User status: Offline
8th Aug 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have 1999 1.4 16v sprt with 1992 cav sri c20xe, ive had car off the road for quite some time and it doe'snt start with the key....

ive charged the battery up previously abit so it was showing green light and there is nothing on the key so we bumped it down the street earlier and it started first time no issues at all, we left it running on tockover for 30-45 minutes...

turn it off and turn it back on again and there is nothing, just couple of clicks down in passenger foot well...

anybody know why it wont start as to me its electronic like immobiliser or something just dont get it has me and my mate baffled
scunnylad

8th Aug 09 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it was immobiliser it would start at all as it cuts the fuel off it sounds like started motor or battery
corsa120

8th Aug 09 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

umm could be, where is the starter motor on these engines? was fine before i took it off the road....

cant be the battery as i took the one of my astra gsi and fitted it and it did same just couple of clicks in passenger footwell......

the starter motor does not even turn at all its just slience from the bay bar those clicks form passenger footwell

anybody know how much starter motors are i could try that?
scunnylad

8th Aug 09 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it on the back of the engine under the inlet manifold, it goes thru into the gearbox i fink its 2 19 mm bolts hold it in. try gettin underneath ur car n givin the starter a gud smack wiv a hammer mite get it going
Adam-D

9th Aug 09 at 06:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup get it in the air, with someone trying to start, belt the starter, soft faced hammer if you have one
corsa120

9th Aug 09 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes it deffo is the starter i think as ive bin under and smacked it with soft hammer and it did something but still did not start it might give it couple more goes if not i will have to change it.. or remove it and try to de-sieze it off the car

looks pig to change, anybody know how uch these are where to buy from?
scunnylad

9th Aug 09 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a gud second hand 1 as new they gunna be well over £100

New Poll