corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Broken Pipe from Turbo to Exhaust 1.5TD

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Broken Pipe from Turbo to Exhaust 1.5TD
holywoodj

User status: Offline
6th Sep 09 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Corsafans.

There is smoke and hideous amounds of tiger-like roaring and birdie-like whistling coming from my engine. Bassically this is due to a Pipe that connects the turbo the the very top of the exhaust being broken/snapped.

I assume... the whistling is from the 0 compression in the turbo, the roar is more lack of compression from the manifold and the smoke is because my exhaust is now practically at the front of my car.

Does anyone at least know what this pipe is connecting the turbo to the exhaust is. Is there a term? Just so I can ask around for one, also do you reckon it's safe to drive at all?

Corsa B 1.5TD 1999T 99500 Miles

Cheers - Jim
am4nf

6th Sep 09 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.5td in a local scrappy to me mate, be happy to get this part for you or u2u me for scrappy details

the car is on about 65k
am4nf

6th Sep 09 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whistling is defo the turbo as i had the same problem at my work with a merc vito and noticed the pipe connecting it to the manifold was hanging off

[Edited on 06-09-2009 by am4nf]
holywoodj

6th Sep 09 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awfully kind of you man but I'm nowhere near you anymore. Moved from Edinburgh recently to Plymouth. Thanks though. Any idea of the part name?
am4nf

6th Sep 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont have a clue bud just the pipe? will probably just be called the pipe that connects the turbo to the manifold
sebbyg

7th Sep 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

downpipe from the turbo/manifold?
On my td, the exhaust is 1 complete section between the manifolfd and the backbox, might be becuase mine is an early model though. what year is yours?

[Edited on 07-09-2009 by sebbyg]

New Poll