corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Car failed on carbon monoxide emissions...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car failed on carbon monoxide emissions...
harrisp

User status: Offline
7th Sep 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After second fast idle I think it was, is this the cat at fault?
taylor2008

7th Sep 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally would of sed it was the cat yes. if you have a large cone filter on it to can affect the emissions too.
harrisp

7th Sep 09 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylor2008
i personally would of sed it was the cat yes. if you have a large cone filter on it to can affect the emissions too.

Its a standard airbox. Will have to get another cat then.

Also, wahts the deal with sport cats? seen one near me on ebay thats apparently a sport cat, will this be any better for emissions than my shoddy pattern one?

[Edited on 07-09-2009 by harrisp]
taylor2008

7th Sep 09 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must be the cat then, ermm it should pass with the sports cat on, ive neva reli had problems with the cat tbh, to be on the safe side ring them up the mot station and ask them if it will be ok, should work tho,if not you will better of to buy a new one.
harrisp

7th Sep 09 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylor2008
must be the cat then, ermm it should pass with the sports cat on, ive neva reli had problems with the cat tbh, to be on the safe side ring them up the mot station and ask them if it will be ok, should work tho,if not you will better of to buy a new one.

Mot centre are fucking useless, couldn't even work my windscreen washer jets.
Richardhhha

7th Sep 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a sport cat has 200 cells per inch (cpi) and a standard cat has 400cpi so in all fareness your letting the gasses flow freeyer and its legal. unline a de cat which is iligal.

got one up for sale soon if your interested (it wont pass its MOT on a sport cat tho unless its a really tight/new engine
harrisp

8th Sep 09 at 08:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
a sport cat has 200 cells per inch (cpi) and a standard cat has 400cpi so in all fareness your letting the gasses flow freeyer and its legal. unline a de cat which is iligal.

got one up for sale soon if your interested (it wont pass its MOT on a sport cat tho unless its a really tight/new engine

Thanks for the offer but I was only asking as I saw a cheap one near by so was going to buy that just for MOT as I am decatting it anyway.
flame

8th Sep 09 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put a 1.4 16v in a 1.0 corsa I had there and took it for MOT last week but the CO was 8.8% so I changed the plugs, o2 sensor, stuck a fiver of super unleaded and added a bottle of Nitrox power booster to the fuel. You can get the Nitrox stuff from Halfords and it is in an orange bottle. It increases the octance rating of the fuel and is supposed to reduce emissions. I took her for the retest last night and it passed the emissions. I didnt catch what the CO went down to but it must have been below 3.5%.
The car has a standard exhaust system but no cat- I have never put a corsa through the test with a cat so you dont need it

New Poll