corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Vauxhall corsa sport 1.6 Dodgy speedo/clocks???

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vauxhall corsa sport 1.6 Dodgy speedo/clocks???
RED REY

User status: Offline
13th Sep 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HI, im havin trouble with my corsa after driving for a while the speedo starts to flicker and dies down and eveuntually stops working. If ive got the lights on and it stats to flicker i turn the lights of and it returns to normal, only to start flickering agen after i while, as if its drainging power or somethings? im geussing its either:
Dodgy clocks, although all the other dials work fine
Speedo sensors naff
Dodgy earth somewhere
Other issues i have is that im not sure if the fan is working as i gets hot a lot and then cuts out a lot even if its ok on about 90? not sure if this has something to do with it, ive changed the thermo switch once already
What do you reckon, any advice would be brilliant?
stingray1987

15th Sep 09 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personaly id take it the garage but if the temp dial is stop working aswell as the speedo then it carnt be speedo sensors.

have you had the clocks off and on check its not a loose conection for example and conector block come loose or something.
whatever it is good luck. hope you get it sorted
RED REY

16th Sep 09 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers all the other gauges work fine just the speedo dies after a while?

New Poll