corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 1.2 16v Throttle Cable

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1.2 16v Throttle Cable
MikeH

User status: Offline
8th May 03 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i bought my corsa from network Q i used to stall it all the time because i wasn't used to the slack in the accelerator cable. I figured this was just that i was used to my parents vectra with it's 'drive by wires system' with no cable.

Today since I had a bit of free time i messed with the cable on mine and moved the accelerator tensioing clip up 5 or 6 notches with the engine running so i could test the slack.

I got it absolutely perfect... then turned the engioe off to go and clean my hands bofre test driving it....

When i came to start it again it wouldn't catch and was spluttering etc.!!!
I could get it going by jamming my foot on the pedal and revving it....

I moved the clip back 2 notches and so leaving a tiny amoutn of slack in the cable and the problem is sorted.

What i want to know is what was happening to make it not start right?
I thought it might be flooding the engine but then sticking my fot on the accelerator wouldn;y have cured it...

I'm confused!!! ???
Mikorsa16v

8th May 03 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

injection engines shouldnt be started with throttle, so maybe it was just pushing the throttle down just a bit on starting?
ajscorsa

8th May 03 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think u got it bang on the head there m8
MikeH

8th May 03 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, thanks for clearing that up.

So it looks like i have to live with a little bit of slack in my cable... I'm just a perfectionist thats all

New Poll