corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Throttle bodies

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Throttle bodies
Psmithx16xe

User status: Offline
1st Oct 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a few questions for you guys.

1. I want to do thottle bodies on my x16xe (preferably from 1000cc bike) I was wandering If there is anywhere I can buy a kit to do this if so where? If not then how can I do it?

2. I want to put bigger brakes on it (I know you can't really do that back) so what are the biggest brakes I can get under the wheels (185/60/14) and what car would it be easiest to get them from

3. Does anyone have a kit going cheap for a c20let conversion or x20xe

4. I want to put 10mm spacer on each side (front and back) will I need longer wheel nuts?

Thankyouuuu
sc0ott

1st Oct 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2. 2.0 16v from a calibra, cavalier etc which you can get for pennies. 4 stud as well. or you could do a 5 stud conversion and put larger ones from v6 calibra, cavalier etc. or you could buy a set of brand new ones for a good few hundred.
Kevxx

1st Oct 09 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Psmithx16xe
I have a few questions for you guys.

1. I want to do thottle bodies on my x16xe (preferably from 1000cc bike) I was wandering If there is anywhere I can buy a kit to do this if so where? If not then how can I do it?

2. I want to put bigger brakes on it (I know you can't really do that back) so what are the biggest brakes I can get under the wheels (185/60/14) and what car would it be easiest to get them from

3. Does anyone have a kit going cheap for a c20let conversion or x20xe

4. I want to put 10mm spacer on each side (front and back) will I need longer wheel nuts?

Thankyouuuu

Ebay or google, if off a bike it'll be carbs, or the newer throttle bodies but harder to set-up, google it. Regal do kits, Jenvey, just look for throttle bodie kits..enjoy the price.

Under 14's 2.0 16v, think it's 256mm brakes are the biggest you can get under there.

Chris Astley motorsport do them, LMF also do them, check the classifieds and get on cheap no problem.

I'd use longer wheel nuts personally.
philip2

1st Oct 09 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1. sbd, jamsport, jenvey or even a reputable rolling road could source throttle bodies. bike carbs off ebay, inlet manifold from bogg brothers, then either 2 fuel pressure regs to get fuel pressure right down to 3-5psi or low pressure pump and a fuel press reg.

but you will need ATLEAST ignition only management...not cheap.

2.get a set of ate calipers and 256mm discs with some decent pads

3. chris astley but be prepared to wait a bit to actualy recieve them

4.why do you want to put spacers on? and personally id change them to wheel studs not bolts

New Poll