corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MK Indy - Lotus 7 Rep Kit Car - *Engine out!*

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MK Indy - Lotus 7 Rep Kit Car - *Engine out!*
Chris x

User status: Offline
5th Oct 09 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well following on from the thread in GC: http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=518765

My Grandad, Uncle and a Friend headed up to Somerset yesterday to pick the kit car up.

Its not in a BAD state, but knowhere near perfect. There is alot of surface rust, carbs are very rusty/dirty, and the wiring is in a right mess. Cant even turn the engine over.

Plan is to strip the car, remove all rust, a good coat of paint on the chassis, start the wiring from fresh and give the engine a good clean up and get it running. Bigger brakes, new wheels, then get it ready for its IVA test. Once its through that and is registered and so on, a bigger engine/ management and so on will be sourced!

All work will be done by my Grandad, Me and Uncle who dont really have to much mechanical knowledge so it should be a good project to learn on and lots of fun!

Anyway...I will let the pics do the talking!

Pictures from ebay advert:

Pics of it arriving yesterday and rolling it into the garage:

Today we removed the exhaust, carbs, radiator pipes, wiring, e.t.c ready to remove the engine:

Should hopefully get the engine out tomorrow. All wiring on the engine has been removed and gearbox is now loose.

A few pics on how the car looks now:

More pics to come as the progress carries on!

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by Chris Corsa B]
flybikeslee

5th Oct 09 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BarnshaW

5th Oct 09 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have high hopes for this.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Oct 09 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

boy-o-boy

have you got some work ahead of you

all the best with this mate, should be good when finished

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by SteveoBC]
Chris x

6th Oct 09 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, we managed to get the engine out this evening.

I also put one of the carb trumpets on the lathe at work and gave it a quick clean, then gave it a quick go on the polisher. Quite happy with the results seeing the state it was in originally.

Anyway, pics!

Before and after:

And one of the Corsa and AMG which no longer live in the garage anymore!

Thats it for now.

Next on the list is to drill out the rivets and remove the body pannels, giving us more access to the chassis and wiring!

Ben-B

7th Oct 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Corsa B
Before and after:

not much difference eh?

very nice project mate will keep my eye on it, love these.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » MK Indy - Lotus 7 Rep Kit Car - *Engine out!* 24 database queries in 0.0112209 seconds