corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » can a leak...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author can a leak...
macky

User status: Offline
8th Nov 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can a leak in the exhaust manifold cause the engine to misfire at low revs and rev high/cut out occasionally when in neutral?

x16xe

thanks, macky
Kevxx

8th Nov 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah mate, misfire is normally fueling/airing issue, high revs and cutting out could be ICV.

macky

8th Nov 09 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmm okay cheers
i've replaced ICV, CTS, ATS, plugs, HT leads, coil pack and crank sensor (crank sensor fixed it for a week) now it's still doing it

i'm going to try the lambda (sp?) next i think
Kevxx

8th Nov 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it to a garage, get dianostics test done and find out what the problem is, you're gonna just replaced sensors and parts till you go fucking mental.

p.s a car can run without an exhaust, deffo ain't that.

Lamba normally causes bad emissions and an EML to come on.

Before you go changing more sensors, spray all you're air lines with wd40, see if any air bubbles come up. may be an airleak or something as simple as that.

[Edited on 08-11-2009 by Kevxx]

[Edited on 08-11-2009 by Kevxx]
macky

8th Nov 09 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i'm getting to the point of taking it to a garage now tbh mate, it's doing my nut in!

cheers for the advice, i'll have another play with it some time this week

New Poll