corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » buying new phone for mrs from CPW, will it need unlocking?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author buying new phone for mrs from CPW, will it need unlocking?
supacook2k

User status: Offline
30th Nov 09 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mrs wants me to get her the nokia 5530 illuvial for christmas but i cannot find it on orange pay as you go. carphone warehouse have the phone for £99 on O2,Virgin mobile or vodaphone but wondered if i buy it on one of these networks will the phone be sim free as some phones are. handset only cost is £199 which i'm not going to pay.

if its not sim free when buying from CPW on one of those networks then, where is the best place online that i can get it unlocked at minimal cost. i believe nokias only require inputting a code and dont need to be flashed,( correct me if i'm wrong)

i know there are a few of you on here that work for mobile companies so would be great if you could point me in the right direction,

cheers
John

User status: Offline
30th Nov 09 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sure they have it for that?

I think in illuvial it's 120, 110 + 10 airtime on whatever network.

Not sure if they'll be locked, o2 and voda contracts don't come locked but not had payg for a while.

New Poll