corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » anyone had the same experience with an xe block?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author anyone had the same experience with an xe block?
evans_corsab

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

torquing my head down today on my xe , got to the second stage , boom one of the bolts slips remove all the bolts and the head , check the thread hole and suprise all the threads have gone! so now its a case of helicoiling it and hoping it withstands that . anyone had the same experience?
Nic Barnes

23rd Dec 09 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have in other blocks in the past. renault 5 turbo block did it then the replacement snapped the bolt flush with the face.
Chadicles

24th Dec 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think my would of done this when i torqued down my xe head bolts if i never stopped when i did, so my heads not torqued down fully but i'm happy with it! what torque setting are you using? i was told 45nm and two lots of 90 and some1 else said 45nm and 3 lots of 60 off people on here but when i asked the local engine builder he told me 40nm and 3 lots of 90. i think i done 45nm and 1 lot of 90 and then a 60 on all head bolts as it was very tight and snatching even with copper grease on the bolts!
evans_corsab

24th Dec 09 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did 25nm and 2 lots of 90degrees , think its just getting torqued to ft (fukintight) next time my old 1.4 head got that and still runs perfect
philip2

24th Dec 09 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1 set of bolts is 25nm + 3x60, otha is 25nm + 3x90.

Helicoil wil be more that fine.
mac1976

24th Dec 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used the wrong bolts by the sounds of things , there are 2 diff bolt lenghts
c20letandy1988

26th Dec 09 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh theres the star torx male bolts for the later coilpack redtop and the female type star torx for the earlier redtop i dicovered this on doing mine
evans_corsab

27th Dec 09 at 03:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah im usin the earlier type bolts. They threaded down fine , its just with the block being so old i guess. Not to worry its getting helicoiled tomorow . Lets just hope theres no more hick ups after this!

New Poll