corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » "safe n sound" alarm install - toad ai606

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author "safe n sound" alarm install - toad ai606
Root

User status: Offline
16th Jan 10 at 03:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thining of getting the Toad ai606 fitted by a mobile installation company (also a static company, maybe he does these jobs on the side? idk), has anybody had any experience with this alarm and this company?

Apparently it's £210 fitted, that's with them travelling 75 miles to my location as well. Does that sound too cheap? As I don't want a shoddy job doing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280449723883
Cheers

barneykarl

16th Jan 10 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a good deal to me the ai606 has mixed reviews on alarm site customer feedback but I have a toad not this model and its been faultless,I would go for it.
Jake

16th Jan 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt get an ebay company to fit an alarm to my car ever again.
Steveocee

16th Jan 10 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends mate, there is a lot of Safe n Sound companies out there, i know of one who is a toad dealer and he is absolutely ace! Does the company give a contact phone number at all?
Root

16th Jan 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His company is named "safe n sound". They're not vsib reg-ed as VSIB went bust due to reccession.

Most stories that come from the Toad ai606 about it being "bad", seem to be from bad installation or users that don't know how to set the alarm up and lock themselves out the car (lmfao).

the alarm looks good to me, even though it's about £100 more expensive, if the clifford 650 mk2 hadn't had some bad reviews too I would have that one fitted but there are a lot of ex-fitters that say they got much verbal abuse due to the alarms not working and going off too much etc.

Anyway, the guy seems genuine, his eBay feedback suggests that he does a good job on these alarms (400+ positive, 100%) and they all commented on now nice the guy was. I think I will go for it and let you guys know what happens
Steveocee

16th Jan 10 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Although hes they're mobile, does it say where he lives? or his ciomoany is based?
Root

16th Jan 10 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steveocee
Although hes they're mobile, does it say where he lives? or his ciomoany is based?

It says his post code, but not where his company is based...so IF he has a static company, I can find it with a post code.

quote:
Our postcode is WF2 8HH if you would like to check us out on the Toad official website
Steveocee

16th Jan 10 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right, not the S&S company i was thinking of then lol

Sorry

New Poll