corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14xe timing question?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14xe timing question?
Piér

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 10 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hiya, just replaced the water pump on my x14xe, had to remove the rear belt cover so to do this i had to remove the camshaft pulleys, ive put them back on and they are out a little bit (the timing marks aren't lining up) is there anyway of moving them without actually taking the inlet manifold and rocker cover off and moving the cams with a spanner? I don't want to do this as I've only just put the car back together after changing the head gasket!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
shauny bizzle

23rd Jan 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how far are they out
mattievRS

24th Jan 10 at 00:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the marks need to lne up exactly mate.When you put the belt back on you need to work from the top down,line the cam sprockets up at 3 o clock and the other at 9 o clock and put the belt over the top and round the water pump whilst holding the cam sprockets firm.next put the belt round the bottom pulley and have the slack by the tensioner.If you dont have the slack by the tensioner then the timing will be out instantly you tension it up
mattievRS

24th Jan 10 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It also helps if you take the plugs out so there is no compression in the cylinders so the cams move easier
Piér

24th Jan 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there only a few mm's out, in the haynes manual it says to work from the bottom down? But when im trying to tighten the cam sprockets up im engaging a torx bit in the rear cover nut to hold them cam sprockets still and they seem to have a spring action on? Ill go and try and sort it out today. Thank you for the advice
mattievRS

24th Jan 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sod the haynes work from cams down to bottom as stated above
barneykarl

24th Jan 10 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recent http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=538746 oh I see you have this already hope you get sorted ok.

[Edited on 24-01-2010 by barneykarl]

New Poll