corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Audio/PC geeks read within.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Audio/PC geeks read within.
Jez_B

User status: Offline
11th Feb 10 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all, So here's the predicament i have...

I have a PC, which is located in the office, whilst also having your standard TV/AV setup in the lounge.
The speakers i currently run the TV through are:

http://www.i2020.co.uk/p119052/jamo_2_1_channel_ipod_speakers_with_dock_black.htm?ref=10 - dont worry i paid nothing near that.

Basically, im looking for a way to wirelessy stream my Spotify playlists from the office to the Ipod dock/Av setup in the lounge. I have wireless internet and have read that this works.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/usb-wireless-audio-sender/20427.html

The only problem is that the output (3.5mm jack) is already being used to allow the TV to run through the Ipod dock, so can i either run it from the AV plugs on the TV and just have to turn the TV onto the AV channel or can i get a 3.5 jack splitter, to allow two inputs into the ipod dock?

If so will this affect the quality of either inputs, or are there any other options? 3.5mm splitter or something.

Hope its not to waffley, any questions fireaway.

Cheers Jez.

[Edited on 11-02-2010 by Jez_B]
Cavey

12th Feb 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1221

They're designed so that 2 people can listen to the same iPod, not sure on whether you'd lose quality tho.

I think the other question you were asking was http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35928 one of them from the USB thing to a headphone socket, but would still need the splitter on the dock.

Either way, maplin is your friend. If you are struggling, go into maplin and they're normally quite good with understanding what you'll need if you've got a vague idea of it

[Edited on 12-02-2010 by Cavey]
Richie

14th Feb 10 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

According to your product:

The control dock (which charges your iPod too) is also fitted with an extra auxiliary input on its rear panel so that you can hook up your computer, portable DVD player or games console to the system. Still got another source that you want to hook up? No problem - there’s yet another input on the subwoofer itself.

So your iPOD dock already has 2 available source inputs...... and from what your saying your currently only using one of them so you should still have one spare......
Jez_B

15th Feb 10 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie
According to your product:

The control dock (which charges your iPod too) is also fitted with an extra auxiliary input on its rear panel so that you can hook up your computer, portable DVD player or games console to the system. Still got another source that you want to hook up? No problem - there’s yet another input on the subwoofer itself.

So your iPOD dock already has 2 available source inputs...... and from what your saying your currently only using one of them so you should still have one spare......

Good find, yeah the final input is like a 'serial' plug. So il need to looking into getting serial or whatever it is two phono's for the wireless thing i posted above.
Richie

15th Feb 10 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking at the manual and I'm not sure what your on about with a serial port!

The back of the main subwoofer unit has the speaker wires, a 3.5mm jack for external source and a 9 pin DIN socket for the iPOD dock.

Then, on the back of the iPod dock itself, there's another 3.5mm jack. When you plug a source into that, it turns off the iPod source.

http://www.jamo.com/images/download/458.aspx

New Poll