corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » running problem with my gsi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author running problem with my gsi
kev04

User status: Offline
16th Feb 10 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a 1993 corsa gsi with the standard 1.6 engine in. the problem is that when i go to pull away the revs die and you have to build the revs up high go get set off, and when you do get going the car doesnt like going over 4000 revs and it takes ages to get their. the car has been into the garage and they said its the lamber secser, so it was changed and still the problem goes on. some people suggested it was then idle control valve and others the air flow meter. i disconnected the air flow meter sensor and the proble seem to be much better but the person who had the car before me said he had akready changed it,

what do i do next???

cheers kev
mattievRS

16th Feb 10 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the bottom pulley hasnt slipped on the keyway.
kev04

16th Feb 10 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want to sound dum or nothing but HUH?
Josh-Gsi

16th Feb 10 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check the Crank hasnt slipped a tooth on the belt, that can cause the engine to do that ... check all the timing markes like up on the pulleys

New Poll