corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe Running slightly odd?? e.g hesitating, and starting...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe Running slightly odd?? e.g hesitating, and starting...
Chadicles

User status: Offline
19th Feb 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey got an odd problem with my redtop engine, every now and again when i'm going to over take i drop it down a gear, and for a second or two it hesitates with no power then its ok and byebye car. Its really odd and doesn't do it all the time, i was thinking it may be afm or cps breaking down but am not sure!

Another problem that just started is starting it, sometimes it seems to need winding over for 30 secs before it will start! whilst cranking over it will fire on a cylinder or two every now and then, to me it seems to make me think fueling.

I have no idea if the two problems are connected or not and when the cars going it don't lack any power at all!! have a feeling it runs alittle rich and is quite thirsty, like more then normal anyway. Any comments would be greatful cheers Chad
alan-g-w

19th Feb 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the same first problem as you mate, it started like that anyway - also if I was sitting in 5th at about 2.5krpm and put the foot down it would hesitate as well. Now it's started getting worse in the way that when it's getting a bit too warm it ends up misfiring badly, kangerooing and backfiring through the induction kit. EML's been on intermittently since I got the car but it's got worse - I read the codes off it but came up with nothing which I thought was strange.

There's been about 3 threads that I've asked about it in, not including one that I posted. I'll keep an eye on this in case anyone comes up with anything though.

[Edited on 19-02-2010 by alan-g-w]
Chadicles

19th Feb 10 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on! i get that now thing about it... wat engine have you got mate? early dizzy type or the later engine with a coil pack?
Chadicles

19th Feb 10 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
Kevxx

20th Feb 10 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

an air leak could cause all of this, spray wd40 on your air pipes, if it bubbles you've got a cure.
Chadicles

20th Feb 10 at 08:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right i'll give that ago, cheers bud!

New Poll