corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Amp Crackle!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Amp Crackle!
Bluebird14

User status: Offline
   27th Feb 10 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I finally got my amp working today. All the wires are connected and the amp switches on fine when the ignition is on.
But there is a crackling coming through even when music isnt being played. As long as the head unit is on theres crackle even has a small amount of crackle when the amp isnt on but the head unit is (removed remote turn on cable). Its the same on all four as well. The volume of the crackle only changes when I increase the gain on the amp. Music plays fine but theres that crackle coming through with it. I checked all the connections going into the amp and they seem to be fine.
Any ideas?
Kieran
Premium Member

27th Feb 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the amp running 6x9s or car speakers or sub. cos if your using it for speakers you will need ground loop isolator. same if head unit is doing it will need a isolator for that. its like a interferance. so the new bits works as a extra earth. hope this makes sense and helps a bit.
combat corsa

1st Mar 10 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is you power cable running next to the phono leads goin from your head-unit to the amp cause thats what made my crackle

1st Mar 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had the same problem with mine. i found that if i wired the ground cable to a different part of my car it wasnt to bad. the best place i found was on the piece of metal the rear seats slide over to clip into place. the bolts in behind the plastic panels in the boot with an o ring connection seamed perfect.

New Poll