corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Those currently saving for a house

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Those currently saving for a house
Kano

User status: Offline
8th Apr 10 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
thing you have to remember is that some peiople i know have bought houses and are right on the capacity they earn i.e wha they get each month is spent on mortgage bills etc with little money to live their life - therefore if the boielr goes or work needs to be done they are screwed as has happened recently

IMO if you buy a house you need a little money each to put aside or have access to shoudl things go wrong - which they will do at some point lol

I'm the opposite to that. We bought a house last March and I still put away at least £400 into savings each month. I would hate for my pay to be spent before I got it.
chrisd1983

9th Apr 10 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at selling flat my flat at the mo as I'm moving to Weymouth, looks like I'm going to make about £25k on it.

But down here the missus wants a nice house ~ 200k, so I've got to save like a bastard or get a massive mortgage just on my wages!! Bad times ahead!
dannymccann

9th Apr 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
thing you have to remember is that some peiople i know have bought houses and are right on the capacity they earn i.e wha they get each month is spent on mortgage bills etc with little money to live their life - therefore if the boielr goes or work needs to be done they are screwed as has happened recently

IMO if you buy a house you need a little money each to put aside or have access to shoudl things go wrong - which they will do at some point lol

This is the important thing some people dont realise about a property purchase.

Its something I thought long and hard about. Our mortgage is £730 a month and bills £600 (this includes EVERYTHING though down to fuel and monthly contributions to car tax and insurance etc) leaving us £300 a month each from our net wages to do what we like with, whether thats spending it or saving it. We are going to max out an ISA this year (£5100) and make good head way into another but she wants to get married next year so that's going to wipe savings out I dont see the point but there you go
John G

10th Apr 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I certainly dont live like a hermit and saved plenty.

i shoudl think so on 34k, im on half your wage!

have 7.5k saved

target havent got one, just plan to keep saving
chloe16v

11th Apr 10 at 17:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saved none target 75k in 5 years
Warren G

11th Apr 10 at 19:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Target: 30k

Saved: 20k

money tried up in vehicles £7k