corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b - MAF - MOT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b - MAF - MOT
sc0ott

User status: Offline
12th Apr 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Long story short, my corsa b is failing on emissions. No surprise there, eh.

The garage I took it to done a few things to see what could be making CO waayyyy over the maximum. They changed the MAF and this brought it right down to just over the limit.

CO – Max 0.300 and my reading was up within the 9.000 before the MAF was swapped and when they changed it the reading dropped to something within the 1.000.

The guy recons it’s the MAF (no shit) and the coolant temp sensor, the one going to the ECU (not the one going to the dash gauge).

Anyway, I only replaced this back in January and was bought from ebay brand new for £25, and is a bosch one with the part number etc. No way am I paying 100 quid for one from Vauxhall for a piece of plastic.

Now I still have my old one, which I’m not sure if this was fucked in the first place, so is there any way of giving these a clean? I don’t have the time to be sending the original one back just now but they do have a 1 year guarantee.

Also, before the Redex crew jump in, I’ve already tried this and has made 0 of a difference. Giving it a good drive through the gears to clean the system, but I shall continue to use it until it passes.

Cheers

New Poll