corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Central Heating Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Central Heating Problem
Tommy

User status: Offline
6th May 10 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok i have a gas central heatrin combi boiler.

It doesnt seem to be doing what its told, it has the dial on the boiler itself goes from 0-6 i think, and then one in the living room. If i have the thermostat in the living room on 5o it still heats the radiotors to as hot as the dial on the main boiler is set to, so the only way i can stop the radiators from heating up is to either turn them off at the radiators themselves or turn the dial on the boiler all the way down to 0. Can anyone help, im not that flushed for cash at the mo so cant really afford a plumber to come round and charge the earth for something that could be a simple fix.
deanmcreynolds26

6th May 10 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a timer for the boiler that you can set?
just from what you are saying sounds as if its on all the time...

Also do you have a room thermostat as well for heating? if so what temp is it set at?

basically the trv's at the radiators will shut down once the room has reached the desired temp you have set on the trv...

6 maybe 28*C, 2 might be 12*C depending on the ones that you have...

i would try set them low maybe 3 and see what kinda temperature the room gets to and then adjust up or down what you need..
Tommy

6th May 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The room thermostat has degres on it so if i set that to 5 degres it still heats up the radiators when it shouldnt.

New Poll