corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » leisure battery question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author leisure battery question
ssj_kakarot

User status: Offline
15th Jun 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Random question but does any one know how to work out roughly how long an 85ah leisure battery would power a cd player.

reason i ask is having just come back from a festival it was quite annoying having to change batteries in a portable cd player, so i was thinking would it be feasible to use a leisure battery to power a car cd player connected to two car speakers.

im a bit confused as to how long it would last though, say the cd player is 40watt is that the only power that would be used or do the speakers consume power too, and i would be using the aux input in the cd player and not actually using it to spin cds just to play the music from my mp3/player phone, im guessing the power usage is less when using the aux input as the cd isnt being read but i can only find one power rating for the cd player which is 4*40 watt which is just relating to the power going to the speakers?

any one got a better idea?
oceansoul

15th Jun 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the CD player have a rating plate on the top or bottom? You ideally need to find the power consumption in A.

The 85ah means 85 amp hours. The battery can supply 85 amps for 1 hour or 1amp for 85 hours (or a combination thereof).

Say the cd player drew 2A, the battery would last 42.5 hours etc
oceansoul

15th Jun 10 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EDIT: Fuck carrying a car battery, headunit and speakers to a festival though, and where would you keep it? I wouldnt fancy sleeping next to a car battery.
ssj_kakarot

15th Jun 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i would build it into a box of some sort lol and stick it on the trolley thing we have, we always go in a large group with gazeboo's ect and a few rather large tents no probs finding somewere to stick it, it wouldnt be that big really.
noshua

15th Jun 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be better off finding out how much power output is coming from the system via a multimeter.

you won't be able to get an accurate reading due to the power output punctuating
Adam_B

16th Jun 10 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would it not be better to get some sort of speaker dock for your mp3 player?

New Poll