corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B X14XE cuts out/misfires or something

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B X14XE cuts out/misfires or something
XozziDK

User status: Offline
31st Jul 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Help

When im driving my corsa, it sometimes cuts out or misfires/something for ½-2 sec and then goes back to driving perfectly... while it cuts out the engine lamp flashes..

And sometimes when I approach a red light and have to stop the car, then when I push down the clutch pedal the engine goes out, and I have to start it again.. but its not always, only sometimes.. other times it simply goes perfectly down to 1100 rpm (but isnt that abit high??)

what can cause this?? I've changed the spark plugs and have had the fault codes read with diagnostic equipment (EOBD) and no fault codes are stored

Edit..
Its a corsa B x14xe from 1999 ... its modified with mantzel replica intake, chiptuned, manifold, filter, lexmaul exhaustsystem

[Edited on 31-07-2010 by XozziDK]
Rowell

User status: Offline
14th Aug 10 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been reading a few things, may be worth taking off and cleaning the ICV (Idle control valve) and also the EGRV (Exhaust gas recirculation Valve).
You could even take the EGRV off and change the gasket for a Blanking plate. Should still pass MOT with this on.

New Poll