corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Graphics cards

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Graphics cards
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   27th Sep 10 at 13:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

Again, clearly not well up on hardware...

Do graphics cards have to have the same type of memory as used on the board? i.e. DDR2 graphics card so much have DDR2 RAM?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope
Brett
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol well this is what I originally thought, so I just went ahead and bought a card with a different type of ram. The card isn't working and they seller reckons it's my fault because I've picked a card with different memory?
John

27th Sep 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The type of memory on your motherboard is totally irrelevant.

Whats up with the graphics card?

If it physically fits the slot it's normally either a power issue, not being turned on in the bios (if you have built in vga on motherboard) or a faulty card.
Brett
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 13:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, initially before the drivers were installed, the card came on and worked (as such) but obviously not very well, mega low res and low colour. When I installed the drivers, Windows will list it in the device list but it will disable it because there's a problem. The BIOS has no option to disable on board graphics, only switch to PCI, and when I do that all the PC does it beeps wildly on boot then goes in a loop keep rebooting and beeping, without me being able to see what's going on with it on the screen.

Contacted the seller and he said it's my fault for reasons above

New Poll