corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » locking wheel nuts problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author locking wheel nuts problem
Alex191

User status: Offline
27th Sep 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right just been out to my car to jack the car up and paint the calipers. started to take the locking wheel bolts off on one of the wheels (was on quite tight) and the bit that you use to take the locking wheel nuts off, the key shaped thing inside it snapped and now is unable to be used really.
these are the wheel bolts i have i think http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-WHEEL...item415303cb55

is there anywhere i can get just the key bit to use with my locking wheel bolts or do i have to buy another whole set? cheers
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

item removed
Alex191

27th Sep 10 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah, well its same as these i think looks same box lol
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Corsa-C-Breaking-SXI-SRI-Wheel-Locking-Nut-set-/270640646820?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f03708aa4

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th Sep 10 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you have a card inside with the key number?
combat corsa

27th Sep 10 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have the locking wheel nut key code you can go to vauxhall and get a new key
davieslim

27th Sep 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in most cases with the code card they tell you there unable to supply a replacement then offer to remove them and fit a new set, if you are with the aa/rac etc or know someone that got personal cover one one of them then put the tyre down and phone them out and get them to remove it and the rest they will usually offer to remove for you, either that or get a multihex socket and hammer it on top
Alex191

27th Sep 10 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i have the key code, how much roughly am i looking at for it to cost for a new key?

davieslim, will the aa/rac do it for free do you mean? if i say the alloys with the locking bolts are someones who has personal cover?
davieslim

27th Sep 10 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the tyres flat when they arrive and you have a spare wheel available then they have to change it, i know the rac vans have the kit to remove them as my job used to be to send them out to members and had to use them to sort a few mates cars
Alex191

28th Sep 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

found this, 30 fucking quid though! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-LOCKING-WHEEL-NUT-KEY-185-186-187-188-189-190-/250692700657

what a joke! definately going to see if i can break the nuts off as a new full set with key is only like £10! i guess vauxhall know people are willing to pay whatever for replacement key as they know they have to if they want their wheels off... :@
Joe

29th Sep 10 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A replacement is cheaper from Vauxhall.
Alex191

29th Sep 10 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why how much is it from vauxhall mate
Joe

29th Sep 10 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still not cheap, I think about £20.
Alex191

29th Sep 10 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right not too bad was £25 on ebay 4quid postage. but still run the risk of breaking the new key if its because my locking nuts are done up too tight hmm
mechanic has got car now hes goin to try welding a bolt on and undoing them that way if he can

New Poll