corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » c20xe into corsa b gsi help please

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author c20xe into corsa b gsi help please
Ianvaux

User status: Offline
8th Nov 10 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello people im new on here and have attempted my first project, ive just put a c20xe into my 1994 corsa b gsi 16v i brought the type 2 kit from lmf vauxhall and a ecotek pipe adaptor and power steering mounting bracket. the problem is that the engine is sitting too high and the bonnet will not shut all the mounts are in the right place and also i used the corsa front and rear gearbox mounts and im not sure how the gear linkage is any help would be great as im pulling my hair out if anyone is in the colchester/essex area who is able to help theres a drink in it for ya thanks ian
Ellis

8th Nov 10 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What part of the engine is sitting too high? The opposite end from the timing belt by any chance?
Ianvaux

9th Nov 10 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hello mate the engine is sitting straight instead of a slight angle as they do and there is no space between the back of the bulk head and the engine it seems to be a problem with the cambelt side mount

[Edited on 09-11-2010 by Ianvaux]
Ianvaux

9th Nov 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does anyone know how to put pics on here please and i also spoke to lmf vauxhall and they said that they have never had any problems with the conversion mount i used the standard mounts from the corsa for the gearbox with the rear spacer plate
Ianvaux

9th Nov 10 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://yfrog.com/59corsa021jthis is the engine pic sorry its upside down
Ellis

9th Nov 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you mean the throttle body is fouling the bulkhead?

Can you take pictures of the mounts and load them onto Photobucket or a similar hosting website, you can then post them on here for us to have a look at.

Are all the mounts on and torqued BTW?

New Poll