corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B 1.0L Starts better with less petrol

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0L Starts better with less petrol
Nexus1304

User status: Offline
16th May 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi I was wondering if someone could help me troubleshoot this. I have a V Reg Corsa B 1.0 litre which seems to start a lot better when there is very little petrol in the tank. I filled it half way the other day and to start it I have to turn the key while depressing the accelerator in a revving action. This is only really a problem after a stall as the engine doesn't start easily after a stall. I know it isn't the battery as its a new battery and I only have a problem when the tank has more petrol in it. I've also very recently had a service where all fluids, oil and filters were replaced along with new spark plugs. One guess I have heard is that it could be a problem with the fuel pump. I was wondering if anyone had any other guesses and could possibly give me a general guess of how much it'll cost me to get fixed.

Thanks a lot
Nexus1304

16th May 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bump
evo_69

16th May 11 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try starting it with the petrol cap off after you have filled it see if it makes a difference sounds like ya got a breather blocked!!

New Poll