corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » xe conversion, cv joint question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author xe conversion, cv joint question
Boosha

User status: Offline
22nd Jul 11 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the uprated shafts from chris astley, i have also got cav 1600 inners and what i think are corsa outers.

the shafts fit fine although i havent tried the cav 1600 inners in the box yet (f16cr)

I think i have been sold knackered cav inners (they all came together that long ago I cant remember if i bought both or not)

any who my mate tom, lol, says that they are the wrong ones for the uprated driveshafts.

im thinking, they fit, so whats wrong ?

as for the thinking about them being knackered, i assume that they should go a full 360 smoothly...these ones dont however i dont know what postition they actually sit in so cant tell i would rather not go out and buy all new but if someone can help me i would be most happy.

thanks lads.
scunnylad

22nd Jul 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc the uprated shafts should use big block inner and outer so the inner ones would be too small if you have cav mk2 ones. if you have gsi shafts the mk2 inners will fit in perfectly. as for being knackard you should be able to move the around circular with no noises or getting stuck, if they do try cleaning them and re greasing.
Boosha

22nd Jul 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers scunnylad, i will give that a go.

New Poll