corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Vodafone

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vodafone
Liam

User status: Offline
25th Oct 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a call today to tell me I am eligeble for an upgrade, so I asked if I can have the iPhone 4S on my current plan (£31/month, 300 mins/"unlimited texts"/500mb internet) which is fine, but they want £170 for the phone itself.

I mentioned the fact I can get the phone cheaper on "3" (£130) and for £1/month less ( ) making the cost over 2 years £64, not a huge amount, but better in my pocket than theirs! I was told that they won't make the price of the phone match that of "3" I would of thought they'd want to keep some custom, obviously not

Anyone else had this kind of problem with them? I tried to speak to the cancellations team, but got some indian woman, who couldn't understand me and vice versa, so that got me no where

There was a guy on here who said he can get discount or similar, but i've cleared my u2u's since I asked him if he could help out, anyone know his name? its not Robbo or Bubble ( )
Robbo

25th Oct 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surprised they didnt make some offer but usually very strict on iPhones. also if we matched 3's price then we would just do it as RRP

forget the guys name but if you flick through the last 20 pages of the iPhone 4S thread youll see him i think... smc summat praps?

also our call centre is in stoke not india
LeeM

25th Oct 11 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

handset prices are fixed by apple i believe?
Robbo

25th Oct 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well yes, but same is relatively true for other handsets and we would often make allowances to retain people but with iPhones it cna be diff due to the volume done across one device plus the apple gayness factor
Whittie

25th Oct 11 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
handset prices are fixed by apple i believe?

They do fluctuate. Cheapest is from apple themselves.
LeeM

25th Oct 11 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, they arent short of iphone customers,so probably think theres no point giving one at a discounted price to a £30/month customer when someone will be buying one that very second on a £40-50 contract
Liam

25th Oct 11 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
surprised they didnt make some offer but usually very strict on iPhones. also if we matched 3's price then we would just do it as RRP

forget the guys name but if you flick through the last 20 pages of the iPhone 4S thread youll see him i think... smc summat praps?

also our call centre is in stoke not india

That was my wondering, as I know every man and his dog will be after the 4S at the moment, I don't really want to leave as i've had absolutly no problems with them.

Call centre may be in Stoke, but have you been there recently? more ethnics than whites in Stoke.
Liam

26th Oct 11 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spoke to Phones4U today, and as someone mentioned, prices set by Apple themselves.. So going for an 18 month contract as its cheaper than a 24 month contract overall adding the price of the phone.

New Poll