corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » boot wont catch when shutting

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author boot wont catch when shutting
gav93

User status: Offline
4th Mar 12 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

guys just bought a 93 b, and the boot basically doesnt shut and lock, the catch seems to be stuck, what is the problem, also the boot lock wont lock is this due to this, hope someone can help this is really annoying

cheers
gav93

4th Mar 12 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or should i just go to the scrappy and just get the complete boot lock mechanism and shix from an early b?
BeetleGav

4th Mar 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine wont let me lock it with the key. if i do it will then only ever unlock with the key. it refuses to open with central locking. im wondering whether its something similar too that. i just messed around with the catch and it now works.
Jed D

4th Mar 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gav93
or should i just go to the scrappy and just get the complete boot lock mechanism and shix from an early b?

this, happend to me... only cost me 5er but i had to wait cos johnsons were on their dinner break
gav93

4th Mar 12 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well mines a basic early 1.2 8 valver no central locking or stuff, the boot basically 'bounces' it stays down but cause its lowered and stuff when i go over bumps it opens and slams! i also want the boot to lock as i dont want it unlocked over night .. looks like another lock and boot set up is needed..plus another key lol
Liam-Wilko

5th Mar 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

remove and smooth then fit a boot poper
mon3y1

6th Mar 12 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a new mechanism from scrappy
gav93

6th Mar 12 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will do of to abbey breakers in erith this saturday then! cheers guys hope this will sort this out its pissing me of have to reverse the car against my gate to stop anyone getting in through the boot lol

New Poll