corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Boot catch

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Boot catch
Firefly

User status: Offline
12th Oct 09 at 06:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Installed a boot solenoid in preparartion for when the handle and lock go. Solenoid works fine, but it doesnt release the catch properly. Had this same problem when the button was hooked up. Id have to hold it in to raise the boot and is the same for the solenoid (has to be on to allow the catch to come free.
Root

12th Oct 09 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That means it is not popping the boot out far enough. It's doing it enough so you can open it when the button is still being pushed, but as soon as you let go, it grabs hold of the metal rod again. Try adjusting it then try again. Took me ages to get mine to work
Firefly

13th Oct 09 at 06:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just dont know what to do about it anymore. I spent 3 whole days playing around with it and all i got were a dead battery and blown fuses.

I read in another thread that i8 may be able to grind off the section where its catching. Plausible?

I also get a horrible rattle from the solenoid whenever the car vibrates. Any suggestions?
Root

13th Oct 09 at 08:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Grinding that off is not necessary and will mean grinding the catch function and then it might not close properly.

You need to put the metal rod inside the popper hook bit, and push it up as far as you can without making it open the boot. This is where the popper should sit, fit it there, then try it, it should open no problem
Firefly

14th Oct 09 at 06:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have any pics of what you did? I was going to do it that way until i couldnt find a place to mount the solenoid
Terry12

14th Oct 09 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did grind the last bit of the catch off, Mine works spot on. Just make sure you blow all the swarf out and grease the latch after.

Problem I had was even with the popper set to pop both latchs the boot was so light it would spring up then back down and go onto the first latch.
Firefly

14th Oct 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey "Terry12", I was looking for a truth surrounding the grinding of the latch and i think ive found it. Will try that and should something go wrong as "Root" suggests, all i have to do is buy another one
Root

14th Oct 09 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well don't buy one, pocket one outta the scrap try it on a spare before you do it on the one in your car.

if you decide to not grind anyway, if you wanted to know how to mount it in place, just drill some holes in the metal, usually poppers have screw holes so you can put them in place anyway.
Terry12

14th Oct 09 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's how I cut mine.

davieslim

15th Oct 09 at 00:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above mym ates just fitted the popper for his astra van and had the same problem so got the grinder out and its perfect
Firefly

15th Oct 09 at 05:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While that does sound like a brilliant idea pocketing one "Root", the wreckers over here dont shelve parts like that. They pull them off by request only.

Thatnks for the illustrations "Terry12". I know exacly what to do now

New Poll