corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » nankang tyres

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author nankang tyres
D0NN3R

User status: Offline
14th Jun 12 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i deffo wont be getting nankangs then
Paul W
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's nothing wrong with them Dan runs them on his turbo and he's not had any problems

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Nic Barnes

14th Jun 12 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it depends what type of driving you do. people normally buy them as they make daft sizes for stretched stuff. they're not the best compound of tyre, offer relatively poor grip dry or wet compared to others. they're a budget tyre after all, so expect them to be like any other budget, just this one you've heard the name before.
Corsa_Sport21

14th Jun 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive used them in the past, bought them a few time too, and would use them again if they popped up and i needed them. Never had any issues with them in the wet or dry. They are a budget tyre, for budget prices. I remember having them on my old V6 Mk3 Astra and found them quite grippy in the dry.

Tyres are obviously tested to make sure they are good enough for road use. If they were as bad as people made out, they wouldn't be aloud to sell them surely.
Nic Barnes

14th Jun 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Tyres are obviously tested to make sure they are good enough for road use. If they were as bad as people made out, they wouldn't be aloud to sell them surely.

well, some of the stuff I've seen and complaints I've seen, err, some stuff id never ever ever put on a car
Paul W
Premium Member

14th Jun 12 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As you say Nic it depends what driving you do, for an everyday driving around budget tyre they're perfectly fine i've had no issues on mine like i say, even a little bit of asbo behaviour in Dan's turbo and they've been fine. Obviously they're not designed for track slags, so i kinda have to question when people say they're shit because they skidded into a ditch when doing 120 mph on a wet country road y'know.

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Nic Barnes

14th Jun 12 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing to do with track slags. my vectra had nankangs on it and it was shocking to drive tbh. its all about opinions, and what i see at work, the people that come in for nankangs clearly aren't interested in road holding and handling as they're fitted in daft sizes to daft wheels with daft stretch, which will never be a good combination for driving with.
*CorsaCal*

14th Jun 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
nothing to do with track slags. my vectra had nankangs on it and it was shocking to drive tbh. its all about opinions, and what i see at work, the people that come in for nankangs clearly aren't interested in road holding and handling as they're fitted in daft sizes to daft wheels with daft stretch, which will never be a good combination for driving with.

Sounds more like the vectra wasnt set up properly TBH. I dont know nankangs personally but i cant beleive any tyre is this bad. Perhaps im wrong though?
Nic Barnes

14th Jun 12 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pmsl not set up properly? It was a completely standard car. Changed the tyres and it was worlds different to drive.

Seriously you wouldn't believe some of the utter tripe tyres that are available to buy for the general public.
*CorsaCal*

14th Jun 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Pmsl not set up properly? It was a completely standard car. Changed the tyres and it was worlds different to drive.

Seriously you wouldn't believe some of the utter tripe tyres that are available to buy for the general public.

Sorry mate im not acusing you of messing it up im just saying that this could have been due to the tracking being out etc. but thats assuming you bought the car with them on, if you put them on and could feel that they where noticeably worse after the tyre change than before then they obviously where worse.
*CorsaCal*

14th Jun 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

By the way im currently looking for tyres which would you recommend then?
BeetleGav

14th Jun 12 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got 165/45/15 nankang as1's on mine. there loads better than the tyres i had before. hold the road really well for me. even in the wet
Nic Barnes

14th Jun 12 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
quote:

Sorry mate im not acusing you of messing it up im just saying that this could have been due to the tracking being out etc. but thats assuming you bought the car with them on, if you put them on and could feel that they where noticeably worse after the tyre change than before then they obviously where worse.

i work for a tyre place.

edit, a lot of things with tyres is personal opinions. some people like certain tyres, perhaps as thats the best their budget can afford, i don't know.

[Edited on 14-06-2012 by Nic Barnes]
*CorsaCal*

14th Jun 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh sorry mate i didnt realise you worked at a tyre place you obviously know more than me . . . . . .
Nic Barnes

14th Jun 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah far from it, only comment on the stuff I've tested myself. its like t1r's people rave on about them. i didn't get on at all with them, thought they weren't as good as made out. much prefer yoko s drives on my corsa. like i say, its just peoples opinions/driving styles/way the car is set up/majority of the driving they do that matters. i changed the nankangs off the vectra when i started using it for towing as i pretty much had zero faith in the ability of the tyre for safety reasons as they weren't the best round town and round where i live when driving.

just my opinion. others may love them, they are a budget tyre so like other cheap stuff, you get what you pay for.
jonnieboy

15th Jun 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got nankangs on my 2.0 Corsa, no problems with tham so far, seem ok

I got Toyo T1R's on the IS200 at the moment, one of the best tyres I've had on it, much better than the Eagle F1's I had on before. Ive had some scary moments with the Eagle F1's, thats one tyre I'd never buy again
JaffaTB

15th Jun 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've never had a tyre lose grip until last weekend, and that was with an avon zv3, and i've had plenty of budget tyres
gav93

17th Jun 12 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont see why theres all this hype going around that nakang are crap, they aint in my opinion obviously there are better out there but for the price they are good tyres.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll